When To Use It
Many of your time-consuming and expensive visits to the doctor’s office for common, minor conditions are unnecessary when you have 24/7 Call-A-Doc. No more waiting in line at Urgent Care Clinics, or seeing a nurse or assistant when you want to talk to a doctor. Our physicians can help diagnose your condition, develop a treatment plan, and even send a prescription to your local pharmacy, quickly, easily, and conveniently!
- Anytime you need to treat minor, common medical conditions quickly from the comfort of your own home
- If you have a general health-related question that you would like answered via our informational consultations
- Anytime you would like to save the time and expense of a trip to the doctor or clinic for non-emergency care
- When you are traveling or are away from a primary care physician
- When you’d like to skip the lines at urgent care or pharmacy clinics
- When you would like to talk to a doctor, instead of a nurse or assistant
- When a routine sinus infection, UTI or common condition reoccurs
- When the kids get an ear infection or other typical childhood ailment
Sample List of Condition Treatments
Some of the conditions we can treat via phone or online video consultation:
- Poison Ivy
- Respiratory infection
- Cold & Flu Symptoms
- Ear Infection
- Stomach Virus
- Acid Reflux
- High Blood Pressure
- Sore Throat
- Pink Eye
- Sinus and Nasal Conditions
- Urinary Tract Infection
Need short-term prescriptions? Here is a sample list we can fulfill.
- Bactrim DS
- Flonase Nasal Spray
- Tessalon Perles
24/7 Call-A-Doc Physicians will analyze, diagnose, and prescribe an effective treatment plan that may involve prescription or over-the-counter medication. Additionally, maintenance medications may be prescribed on a short term basis (no more than 30 days) for people traveling, transitioning to a new insurance plan, or just running short before a regular doctor visit.
24/7 Call-A-Doc physicians cannot prescribe DEA controlled substances, birth control, anti-depressants, or any long-term maintenance medication. References to certain resources or specialists, however, can be acquired at 24/7 Call-A-Doc via an informational consultation.
Providers are able to review the patient’s clinical information, discuss symptoms, diagnose, and prescribe medications as appropriate, for anything from common illnesses such as colds, flu, and sinus infections to chronic care management, behavioral health or nutrition. At the end of the consultation, the patient is encouraged to share a full record of the conversation with his or her primary care physician, maintaining continuity of care.